Old September 11th 04, 04:06 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:01:54 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

Even worse--according to a report I read late last night, the Dallas Morning
News has discovered that one of the alleged memos was addressed to an
officer who had retured a year and a hald *before* the date of the memo!

Brooks

And, the "order" to take the physical came just three weeks into the
90 day period available before Bush's birthday--unlikely the orderer
could anticipate that Bush would be derelict 75 days after the order.

And, I never in 23 years of flying saw an "order" from the commander
to take a physical. More typically a form came down from the Wing
Stan/Eval with a list of annual requirements to be accomplished during
the 90 days prior to birthdate--things like instrument school, check
ride, written proficiency test, simulator check and physical.

And, I never saw someone write a CYA memo that called it that in the
subject header! If you're going to cover your ass, you don't identify
it as a memo to cover your ass!

And, proper terminology is spell out the meaning after the acronym,
not before as in "no later than (NLT)" which should be "NLT (no later
than)".

But, what do I know?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)