Old December 25th 09, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
pintlar

Default Can't remember plane name.

An older type two seater, all metal, low wing, fixed tricycle gear (it may
have castered), with twin vertical stablizers, and about an 85 hp engine.
NO RUDDER PEDALS. One I remember you had to hand crank.
Darn if I can remember the name of this craft. Can't be too many that fits
this description.
In the 60's, the owner of one of these claimed Boeing trained 747 (maybe
B-52) pilots with these because their gear castered can they could land
with their noses 30 degrees off the runway but the planes flight path was
down the center of the runway.