Old December 16th 04, 05:00 PM
Tony Volk

But, that is unresponsive to the question. While running USAF
exercises from USAFE Hq in the early '80s I set up a lot of
USN/USAF/NATO dissimilar air-to-air exercises.
Typically the debrief between F-14A and F-15A showed the Eagles
prevailing WVR (in those days it was guns/Lima/AIM-7F) and the Turkeys
claiming it made no difference because the Eagle was morted pre-merge
with the -54.

I'd forgotten about that series of engagements. You've told me about
them before. Thanks for the good comments guys. I'd be happy to hear more,
but perhaps more subjective and interesting question is what's the most
memorable a-a waxing you've ever given (or gotten)? There's got to be some
great stories about bagging an ace, or like you said Ed, taking out an Eagle
in a Talon. Or a Scooter bagging a Hornet. Or even an Intruder or 'Vaark
getting the drop on someone! So let me grab you a pint, pull up a chair,
and let the bragging begin! "There I was..."

Tony

p.s.- I assume that the best is probably coming home alive after doing your
job, but I wanted to open the floor to some shameless and entertaining
bragging