Old May 28th 04, 03:53 PM
Alan Smith 15B

Default Region 5 Sports Contest Chester SC, 5/17 - 5/21

Thanks for a job well done to Sam Giltner, Ed Byers, Ray Galloway,
Walt Cawby, Glenn Holden and Don Bell.

A great week of soaring with an emphasis on fun and safety. If you are
new to competitive soaring, as I am, Chester is the place to go to.
Tasks were set which challenged the experts but were not intimidating
to the novices. New comers were assigned mentors and the advice was
plentifull and excellent. The comraderie was great, as was the food.
There were even rides in Don Bell's gorgeous Stearman Bi-Plane for the
daily winners. Chester is back on the soaring map and I'm looking
forward to the next contest.

Alan Smith