Old September 13th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brian Whatcott

Default Stuck ident

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Sep 7, 2:14 pm, Bob Noel wrote:
Any thoughts wrt why a KT76 would appear to have a
stuck ident after about one hour of flying?
On Saturday and today, each time after about one hour
of flying, ATC complained that my transponder appeared
to have a stuck ident.

Thanks
Bob

Take it to an avionics shop. Over many years of aircraft ownership
I've been known to open up a com radio or a VOR head and do some owner
maintenance but I have never found anything in a transponder to be
within the grasp of someone who is not trained in such maintenance.

-Robert

That sounds like a smart response.
Who is going to be able to trace the intermittent solid-state path of
the squawk Ident switch??

Brian W