Old August 18th 04, 07:00 PM
Tony Volk

As an interesting story, I was once corresponding with a Marine aviator
to talk about his experience in the F-18 (and Harrier I believe). Any how,
at that time (over five years ago) it wasn't uncommon for folks to pass
themselves off here as aviators when they really weren't. So as a quick
test, I decided to ask him how much you flared a Bug on a runway landing.
Well, I seem to have hit the wrong spot because his reply email was a
full-blown, drill sergeant ass-chewing telling me that the Marine Aviation
Community was a small one, and if I was a smart-assed student playing a
prank on him I was going to get it BIG TIME. So I explained myself and
apologized for the question.
Without giving out any names (he was a real gentlemen and very helpful
after that), I've always been curious if he had an incident in his past
regarding flaring and landing- or are marine aviators always that touchy?
Cheers,

Tony

"Guy Alcala" wrote in message
. ..
So what's a A-D model touch down at, and what's the typical
descent rate? Do you make flared landings or do you do them
all constant alpha?

Guy