Old July 21st 03, 07:12 PM
SD

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:27:31 -0400, Peter R.
wrote:

(SD sdatverizondot.net@) wrote:

snip
My wife seems to
think it is a good idea, and of course the owner of the flight school
thinks it is a very good idea (no surprise there), but what do you
guys think about this?

What are the insurance costs for a C172RG that is going to be used for
rentals, assuming you include hull value in the policy?

The insurance will be issued thru the school at approximately 6800.00
annually.

What are the expected hours your C172 RG will rent per month? Have you
asked other renters at your school if they would rent a retractable gear
aircraft knowing that would mean more instructional hours and instructor
signoff?

The expected hours ofcourse is only an estimate but at the present
state of the school, we can see it flying atleast 15 hours a month at
the beggining, We would only hope that that number would increase,
when the word gets out to the other schools and airports that this
craft would be available for comm/instructor students. As far as the
students that would be flying it, we are only going to allow
commercial and instructor student pilots to fly this aircraft either
in training or solo, at this time I do not want the pre-privates
flying nor do I want insturment students flying it because they have
enough things on their minds just flying insturments that I do not
want them to have to "rememeber" to put the gear down.

Have you stepped through the AOPA leaseback expense model to determine what
your realistic expenses will be versus your leaseback income (you are a
member of AOPA, right)? I do not own a RG aircraft, but I have read that
maintenance expenses are higher, especially when offering the aircraft for
rent.

I am a memeber of AOPA but could not find a leaseback expense model.
I have went thru their operations cost calculator if that is what you
are refering about.