Old August 13th 03, 08:03 PM
Newps

Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo wrote:

Well, I think Tune2828 made a cogent point in re the matter of security
'consistency' which of course is to say INconsistently.

But it was always like that. Some airports were just a pain in the ass.
I see no change.

Each airport
seems to vary as to the level of security with some being rather strict
[*some where using 'unleashed' canine sniffers to sniff both bags and
PAX within the terminal --and-- within the gate where the dog had this
leather sign notifying the folks that the pooch is obviously on the job
while, on the legal side of things, the courts seem to go for that
method because it eliminates concerns and claims of bias or 'profiling']
and others, depending on location and traffic so to speak, well, as I
heard one soul put it, 'hey, you get what you pay for.'

The airport here in Billings has had a lot of construction going on at
the security checkpoint. They just started to peel all the plywood off
so I can't tell yet if it is new machines or if they just slightly
rearranged things to make it all flow smoother. Haven't seen any dogs yet.