Old February 27th 05, 06:59 PM
Chris Harries

" I don't think they are 100% opposed to combat games, but I would
prefer something that had more of an instructional component."

you say that but I would say that something like CFS3 still has education to
it. Its still flying just not as detailed as FS, it as that exciting
shooting element that I think many people like (not that he wouldn't like
FS) and you can learn all about old planes. WW2 types planes, how they are
different, how things are different, and in ww2 military places so he could
learn a bit about ww2 aswell. I learnt alot about WW2 from WW2 games like
Call of Duty, Medal of honour etc

--
www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
"Top Spin" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:23:52 GMT, "Mikael K"
wrote:

On 27-Feb-2005, Top Spin wrote:

I am concerned that the game is too complicated for an 8 year old.

Hmm..

My youngest son (now 9 yeas old) has enjoyed flying FS9 from he was 7...
And
especially the heavies.. The bigger, the better.. ;o)

That's encouraging. He's not a prodigy, is he? ;-)

And he has no problem controlling it. Of course, the realism is turned
down
so crashes just bounce him up in the air again, but otherwise he goes with
the lot.

So the game can be scaled down or customized to make it a little
easier to use for beginners?

Often flying for 1 hour or so...

But.. He also likes to take off in Combat Flight Simulator, and try to
shoot
down some enemies (or get shot down him self... happens more often).
Or he goes playing in an OLD Jet Fighter game (F22 Lightning3) from '99.

When I asked him, what he did preferred (if any) he couldn't decide..
But he said, that he think he uses a little more time in one of the 2
warbird-games, than flying "normal" AC's...

So.. As Murmur says in another answer.. You have to find out what your
grandson like the most...
Maybe your son/daughter could help you decide? Also they could have an
opinion against a combat-game, and would prefer that it was "civilian"...

I don't think they are 100% opposed to combat games, but I would
prefer something that had more of an instructional component.

Thanks

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)