Old July 10th 03, 03:06 AM
David Megginson

Leland Vandervort writes:

The vast majority of ILS approaches in Europe use an NDB as the IAF
and many of them use an NDB LOCator (colocated with outer marker).

Ditto for Canada: to my knowledge, we no longer have any marker
beacons at all. Every Canadian ILS approach I've seen so far has an
NDB as the IAF/FAF, but I'm sure that someone can point out an
exception somewhere.

I was surprised to see the marker lights on my audio panel light up,
one after the other, when I overflew Albany NY a few weeks ago -- I
had never seen them light up except with the test button, and even
turned on the audio just to hear what they sounded like.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, , http://www.megginson.com/