Old April 3rd 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

Default Navion in flames.

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:49:33 -0600, Newps wrote:

Margy Natalie wrote:

It's a Navion, it's always been a bit slower than a Bo. It was designed
to land in rough fields and I pull off mid-field on a 3,000' grass strip
without doing a short field landing and not landing anywhere near the
end. I think if I worked at it I could get 800', but I don't work that
hard :-).

That was my main concern when I decided to sell the 182 and get the
Bonanza. I wanted to be able to get to most of the strips I used in my
182. The Bonanza folks are no help because all they care about is going
fast and most of them are scared to death to get slower than 100 mph

You should have heard them when they were told we'd be flying book
figures for TO and landing at Bo specific proficency training. That
and calculating speeds for each.

unless they are directly over the runway. My Bo only needs 100 feet
more runway than the 182 with the same load, me and 40 gallons. I can
takeoff in 550 feet and land in the same distance of total runway used.
That's at a DA of 5000. You should be able to get that Navion stopped
more like my 182, about 450 feet.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com