Old December 30th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck

Default 50th Consecutive National Championships - Is this a record?

I've flown 63 US national contests as well as 91 regionals and 13 WGC's, but
that is over 39 years. I'll be hard pressed to chalk up 50 continuous years
of nationals flying, which would be at age 81.

Say hello to Bobby (and Carol) from the motley crew (Charlie, Iris, John,
Karl) that had a wonderful drive around SA in 1991.

Karl Striedieck

"Clint" wrote in message
The South African Nationals started yesterday in Welkom - about 260km
South West of Johannesburg. What makes this years championships
amazing is the participation of Bobby Clifford who is taking part in
his 50th consecutive South African Championships. Is there a pilot
anywhere else in the world who can claim too have flown in 50 of his
countries national championships?

Clinton Birch

LAK 12