Old February 1st 05, 10:13 PM

Ben Hallert wrote:
snip
I'm not too worried, just curious to hear what other people have
done/would do in the same situation. Also, if there's a technically
better call I can make, I'm all ears.

I think the tower was probably being a little jerky about it. I could
understand it if you'd asked for a touch an go, but apparently
mentioning that you want a full stop when that's all that is available
confused him.

Better call? Well, if both you and the tower know that a full stop
is imminent, don't mention it at all. Just tell him you're on downwind
and he should respond with a landing clearance.
John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)