Old February 1st 05, 10:34 PM
Jose

On downwind, I made the following call (because I
am aware of the rule) "XXX ground, Cherokee 1234 Sierra on downwind,
request full stop."

The tower responds back "Touch and goes are prohibited at night!
Cherokee 1234 Sierra, cleared for full stop ONLY!"

Was the
tower being jerky?

I doubt it. If in doubt, clarify. The tower may have been in doubt,
perhaps because they were used to "the option", it was a day
controller, or (ironically) the fact that you were explicit set of an
alarm bell in the controller's mind which prevented him (or her) from
processing what you actually said.

I would have just responded "roger, full stop" and let it go.

Jose
--
Money: What you need when you run out of brains.