Old February 2nd 05, 01:32 AM
Jay Somerset

The proper request would have been for a "stop & go".

On 1 Feb 2005 14:04:21 -0800, "Ben Hallert" wrote:

Hi guys,

I was doing closed traffic at an unnamed airport with a 'No touch &
goes at night' rule. On downwind, I made the following call (because I
am aware of the rule) "XXX ground, Cherokee 1234 Sierra on downwind,
request full stop."

The tower responds back "Touch and goes are prohibited at night!
Cherokee 1234 Sierra, cleared for full stop ONLY!"

I had my instructor with me, and he said my call was fine. Was the
tower being jerky? Or was there a better call I could have made? I
knew about the rule, that's why I explicitly asked for full stop, but
the tower acted like I had just soiled myself in public.

I'm not too worried, just curious to hear what other people have
done/would do in the same situation. Also, if there's a technically
better call I can make, I'm all ears.

--
Jay.
(remove dashes for legal email address)