Old June 20th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default World Class PW-5 Contest at Marfa, TX

At 13:01 19 June 2006, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
Marfa, Texas hosted several US National contests in
the 1960's, and the
1970 World Soaring Contest, first ever in the USA.
National level
competition returns to Marfa as pilots and crews entered
in the 2006
World Class (PW-5) national contest prepare to compete.

The contest begins June 20 and ends June 29.

Pilots entered are
John Byrd of Fort Davis, TX
J.C. Hauchecorne of Seattle, WA
Tom McKnight of Midland, TX
Francois Pin of Knoxville, TN
Frank Reid of Jefferson, SC
Jayne Reid of Jefferson, SC
Bill Snead of Georgetown, TX
Pat Tuckey of Fort Worth, TX
Mike Westbrook of Midlothian, TX

Is that really only 9 gliders in a national contest?
We get a better turn out for an interclub competition.
Mind you it is better than we could achieve in the
UK. I dont think there are more than 5 airworthy PW5s
in the country.

Nigel