Old February 21st 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default silver state helicopters

Kevin: If it makes you feel any better I had one of the High time geniuses
try to tell me that If I had a 1/rev shake it was tracking and if I had a
2/rev it was out of balance. This guy had more autos flying backwards than
I have total but he didn't know Schit about rotor dynamics.
Some of those guys are just "Arrive and Drive" give them the keys and away
they go. Can fly the Schit out of the helicopter but don't have a clue what
keeps them in the air.

Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:09:19 -0600, "Maxwell"
wrote:

I have yet to set a filter and still haven't seen anything from him in a
month or so. But I just delete them anyway, not a problem.

I don't know what happened to this group. I was posting here a few years
ago, but had to stop for a while due to time constraints. When I came back
year or so ago, it was like this and has been since. I know in the old
days
the experimental enthusiast often clashed with the professional pilots.
But
I not sure how much that had to do with the groups demise. I hoped it
would
one day split into .rotorcraft and .experimental rotorcraft, but I guess
there is little need now. Did something else besides the usual trolls
happen?

Sometimes I wonder if the days of unmoderated groups aren't seriously
numbered. Seems far too many people find it easier to be difficult than
cordial, and attack anyone that disagrees with them. Others just wait for
an
opportunity to criticize or belittle someone. It only takes one bad apple,
with too much free time on their hands, to cripple any group.

Most folks these days are more comfortable with the point and click
web forums. I frequent both Vertical Reference and Just Helicopters
on occasion, but don't post much 'cuz I got tired of the "attitude"
some of the high-time guys have. They seem to have forgotten they
were once like us sub-1000 hour pilots and think everyone should be
perfect. Perhaps it's just me, but that's the "feel" I get when I'm
there.