Old May 13th 21, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Solid State battery technology Vid

On 5/13/21 12:20 AM, John Galloway wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 23:58:57 UTC+1, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:49:10 AM UTC+10, David Scott wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:14:28 AM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 5/10/21 8:38 AM, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
https://forum.concours.org/index.php...8/#post-639377

Maybe this could have a positive effect on electric MG range?
Nick

Miraculous breakthroughs are always just a couple years away. I know
it's true, cause they've been saying that for 20 years now.
Unless you consider NiMH to lithium a miraculous breakthrough I don't think solid state sounds like it's going to be a miracle. It does sound like it will be a significant improvement though.

Lithium batteries have been steadily improving year after year. The miraculous breakthroughs happen one small step at a time.
https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/ima...quyT7Gv7uWOUKA

The graph seems to show a levelling off of LFP price/kWh and a noticeable slowing in the improvement in energy density.

Shhhh. If the facts don't fit the narrative, you're supposed to ignore
the facts. That's how it works these days.

I got a real kick out of the interview with the CEO. In that video, he
had a chart of the Quantumscape stock price behind him, showing it going
to the moon.

Pulling up the one year chart, it started at $10, peaked at $132 in
December, and it's down to $27 now, and headed lower. The Gamestop of
the battery world.

The company is not in business to develop batteries, they're fleecing
naive investors. it's a classical pump-and-dump scheme, fueled by the
ever popular SPAC reverse acquisition. Very creative of them. All
sorts of wild claims, with no actual results to show for them. For a
more sober view of the company, read this:

https://investorplace.com/2021/05/qs...ess-buying-it/