Old November 28th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default PZL compass repair

Hi,

I think PZL still produces instruments. There web site is he
http://www.pzl.com.pl/en/produkty/os...wigacyjne.html
or
http://www.pzl.com.pl/

I sell the Airpath fluid filled compasses (extremely popular in all
aircraft) and the PAI-700 vertical card compasses. I had one customer that
said he loves the PAI-700 and would never use anything else in his gliders.
The display is very intuitive - much easier to read at a glance than the
Airpath compasses.

http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/compasses.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"5Z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a PZL K-13 compass that's leaking. Here's a photo of the
compass:
http://www.soarbfss.org/scgi-bin/gal...0/acc.jpg.html

This summer, I had the canopy of my ASH-26E open and it focused the sun
onto the compass and melted a hole in the front. Luckily it was in the
black painted area of the plastic, so I repaired it with some epoxy and
then repainted it. I then fully filled it with compass fluid using the
fill hole on the back.

Unfortunately, it now leaks around the circular "base" of where the the
plastic "bubble" is attached to the back. Maybe there's an O-ring seal
in there?

The back has two holes that I assume are for a spanner wrench and the
ring attaching the plastic part to the base also has some notches that
I suppose are for a special wrench as well.
I've put a pair of "c clip" pliers in the holes on the back and tried
to unscrew the outer ring by hand but it's too tight and I'm afraid to
put too much pressure on it.

Any suggestions either how to take it apart or where in the USA to send
it?

Thanks

-Tom