Old October 15th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Cessna 150 annual costs

brian whatcott wrote:
brian whatcott wrote:

Draw a circle of 200 miles radius around your current base.
Starting with the country airfield A&Ps, call all the A&Ps you can
locate, ask this:
"How would an annual cost for my C150?".

Fly to to the place that quoted the next to least cost at the agreed
date, and say you'll wait.
Expect to be called if the mechanic finds something that needs
attention that he didn't bargain on.

It was 16 years ago, but my annuals cost between $200 and $400 at that
time.
I held onto that plane for 5 years, and flew 400 hours.
I DID have a valve stick ONCE using autofuel. That was the only
non-routine item.
The mechanic called me once on an Annual to report excessive rudder
pedal pivot hole wear, and would it be alright if he sourced me a used
pedal in better condition.

Do you wear a shirt and tie? A suit? A flight suit?
Don't!

Brian W

Ha! having spotted a likely buy, I tried a spoonful of my own medicine.
I asked the local fbo for a smidgeon of
patterns and briefing. No 150. but a 172 at $150 ph with instructor.

How much is an annual? Oh, ten hours at $65/hr.
I must be able to do better than that. [I hope]
Come to think of it: that FBO now has new overstuffed leather sofas,
ceramic tiles etc.... hehe....

Brian W

Brian, from a prior post you mentioned McKinney, TX. If you are from
there, then take your plane to J&S Aviation in Sherman. You will get
good service and a reasonable price. I used to keep my plane at Sherman.
Talk to John Hooker.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP