Old July 13th 17, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Electronic Compensated Vario - opinion

People do differ in taste. Since the modern varios are computer controlled, they could offer a variety of sound schemes to choose from, and even allow customization. When I hear somebody talking on the radio, and the beeping of their vario is as loud in the transmission as their voice, I shudder at the thought of being subject to that in the cockpit for the whole flight. Of course, the vario volume control does offer a modicum of "customization".