Old July 17th 04, 05:07 AM
Jay Beckman

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in
message ...
"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Isn't there some password requirement for one of the DC airports? I

recall
reading here (which naturally means that it must be true {8^) that some
pilots have been diverted after getting the password wrong; there's no
second try permitted.

Something that's read out over the radio?

Paul

I'd be very suprised if this were the case.

I was just at DCA not too long ago. I sat at my gate for an hour with a
scanner and I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary being said verbally.

The only unusual thing I "heard" was a stuck mic on ground, meaning the
tower had to handle most of the ground movements for about 20 minutes or so.

Maybe they expect to see a specific XPndr squawk tied to a specific flight
number and if "Cactus" 1234 isn't squawking 5678 (or whatever...) it "fails"
the test?

Jay Beckman
Student Pilot - KCHD