Old March 16th 18, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gas Strut for early (1997) Anschau Komet trailer

I ordered the same Bansbach struts (QS-28-350) two years ago for a 1978-vintage Komet with the external hinges. Only difference was I asked for 1600N and they've been fine so far.

The critical dimension for my trailer was compressed length of 452mm which is slightly less than this strut w/their standard hinge eye...Bansbach swapped in a different set which brought the length down.

Lead time for their "quick ship" items wasn't bad, seem to recall 1-2 weeks. You can custom order to any spec but lead time jumps out further.