Old August 7th 03, 10:34 AM
Hendrik G. Seliger

Hi!

within the past 6 calendar months - (i) In the case of an aircraft
other than a glider, logged at least 6 hours of instrument time under
actual or simulated IFR conditions, at least 3 of which were in flight
in the category of aircraft involved, including at least six
instrument approaches, or passed an instrument competency check in the
category of aircraft involved.

Actually, when I read this it says "IFR conditions", not IMC. IFR conditions
means less than VFR conditions. So if I shoot a non-precision approach (MDA
is 500ft AGL) on a field (assume E airspace) with a ceiling of 900ft AGL,
when I break out I will be 400ft above MDA but still in IFR conditions (less
than 500ft. below the ceiling). With this reasoning, I anything where I
break out less than 500ft. above MDA/DH would be in IFR conditions, hence
loggable.

Any comments on that spin?

Cheers,
Hendrik