Old April 15th 05, 10:24 AM
Thomas Borchert

Dk,

Does anyone know of an adapter (that won't set me back big bucks) to
be able to record what I hear in my headset onto the audio input of a
video camera?

I fiddled around with audio-outputs of some intercoms, e.g. the plain
old PA-400, available at around 100 $. The effect was not quite what I
wanted: If no one spoke, there was a rather clean silence - no hint of
aircraft noise or anything. This gives a really weird effect. The
solution (tm):

Get one of those pinhead lapel microphones and stick it under the
earcup of your headset next to your ear. That microphone will pick up
enough of the aircraft noise to make it all sound realistic, but not
enough to make the sound annoying. And it will also pick up all that's
said. Note: I tried this with a passive headset. With an active
headset, microphone placement inside the earcup will determine how much
of the cancellation signal the mic will pick up, so more
experimentation might be required.

Cost: zero, except for the mic, which you probably have already.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)