Old July 8th 03, 06:49 AM
Marten Kemp

Jonathan Birge wrote:

"Marten Kemp" wrote in message
Well, I admit that I *was* being a bit condescending in my original
question {said he, in a slightly abashed tone of voice}, but in my
defense I *did* find the statement amazing. My internal assumptions
database has subsequently been reloaded with the updated data.

I also admit that "opprobrium" wasn't the right word; I really meant
"obolquy" (though "calumny" comes close). I tend to use large words and
be snottily patronizing because I've never been good at constructing
wounding personal attacks while using the vernacular. (I also seem not
to be able to type at the moment. The number of t7pos has been positively
amazing. Time for more coffee.)

Martin, nobody likes to be outclassed by somebody who can take criticism so
honorably. In fact, I find your integrity offensive. It's just selfish of
you, to deny me my righteous flaming. This is Usenet, dammit! I was pretty
rude. Come on! Let me have it! Don't leave me down here in the gutter alone.

-Jonathan

Okay, Johnny-boy.

*Read my farking sig* the next time and at
least get my name right, you jerk.

Feel better now? {grin}

-- Marten Kemp (note the "E" in my first name?)