Old January 3rd 04, 04:04 AM
L.D.

Jim Williamson wrote:

(Chris Wertman) wrote:

Ok, here goes...

About 2 years ago I had a chance to buy some small radial engines at a
car show, there were perhaps 25-36 inches accross, I cant remeber, I
had a chance to buy em at $40 each and there were 10 or so in various
states of disrepair, but since I had spent all my money alloted by the
wife and I had no conciveable use for them I forgot about it. They
were I belive WWII vintage used to power either compressors or
generators. I want to say they were in the 20-40 HP range (very fuzzy
memory except what they looked like being radials and all) I'm pretty
sure they were 5 cylinders.

Now I have a project I absolutley need one for, but I cant find any
info on what they were to start looking.

Well, about four years back I was at J-Bird in Kewaskum Wisconsin. I seem
to recall they had a radial engine for sale (and a few other oddities).
Perhaps they could help?

A google search pop'd up:

J -Bird
210 Main Street, Kewaskum, WI 53040
(262) 626-2611

You sure they weren't engine/aircompressor?
I've got one of those. It is a 6 cylinder radial, runs off 3 and
compresses with 3. They were made by Ingersol Rand. and are about the
size you describe. It runs with crankshaft vertical.