Old November 18th 03, 06:54 PM
David Brooks

"John Clonts" wrote in message

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
news:bphub.176041$9E1.917544@attbi_s52...
When you are cleared for the VOR-A you are expected to fly the
profile....fly at the MDA and not a foot lower to the missed approach

point
or until you see the runway environment as defined in 91.175.

So, once I saw the runway environment (and kept it in sight), I was ok to
descend a hundred feet, fly a couple more miles, fly the pattern, and

land,
right?

Well, there is one little thing in 91.175:
at a normal rate of descent using normal maneuvers

Of course the word normal has to be interpreted. If scud-running is a normal
maneuver for you, then it was probably OK. Er, would have been OK, if it had
happened. I suspect the phrase is intended to discourage abnormally
aggressive descent and/or turns.

-- David Brooks