Old December 27th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Merry Christmas and Lawn mowers

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The standard square point dirt shovel is best for snow, it will also chop
ice. It won't break your back either. The big blade snow shovels work
fine
with 1/2 inch of snow, but are nearly useless with a 2-3 foot drift.

Not that I have had to shovel much snow here in NC, but I did living near
Lake Erie, long ago.

I like the new snow shovels with the funky handles that allow you to work
standing up straight. I have a very bad back, (two unsuccessful surgeries)
so that is the first consideration!
A spud bar and a flat scraper is what I use on ice.

Best of all, in NC, if you wait one or two days, 90% of the time, the snow
will remove itself!
--
Jim in NC