Old July 23rd 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Auto Pilots

On Jul 21, 3:05*pm, Paul kgyy wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:50 pm, " wrote:

So I own a 1961 Cessna 172. She's a great little airplane, light on
fuel burn, and not too bad on the airspeed, although she could do
better. I want an autopilot to start taking her on long trips. I'm
trying to do it as cheaply as possible but still legal obviously.
Anyone know of autopilots that will at least keep the wings level,
maybe an altitude hold as well?

Give the folks at AutoPilots Central a hail - maybe they have a
serviceable Century 21 or something.

My experience with wing levelers is that they still need frequent
attention on long trips - being able to either read NAV or Heading
input is a big help.

I gave an email to Auto Pilots Central last week with no response yet,
so I think I'll just have to call them or visit them when we pick up
our other plane they're working on.