Old April 25th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default headset feedback loop during xmit

Hi Chris...I'm getting the feedback while sitting in my hangar xmitting on
123.45, I've tried several sets of regular alkaline batteries, and I have
the cabin speaker turned off.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
wrote in message
Mike,

I am also having some issues with a Telex Stratus 30 ANR headset. I
have three theories I'm working on.

Making sure the cabin speaker is turned off at the audio
panel.

We've had issues with all tranmissions based on how close we
were to the receiver (we're based real close to the tower).

Trying non-rechargable batteries.

It's pretty frustrating to lay out 4 bills and not being able to use
the headset.

HTH

Chris

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:54:12 -0700, "Mike Noel"
wrote:

My Telex 30 headset and SL30 nav/com have developed a loud and annoying
oscillation during xmit. The tone is both obvious in the headset
side-tone
and also is heard by other's listening on the frequency.

I've tried two other headsets (a DRE ENR and a non-ANR headset) and both
work fine with the SL30. My com2 is a King 97a and it works fine with all
of my headsets, including the Telex.

The problem seems to have developed in stages over the past several
months.
First I was noticing the Telex and SL30 would occasionally give my voice a
hollow sound for the first few transmissions of the day, then sound fine.
Finally last week the tower controller mentioned the squeal which I was
also
noticing. It tends to go away after a bit but it sounded odd for the
entire
flight.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I'm hoping to try a few other
brands of headsets this weekend to see if the headset is the likely
culprit.