Old October 24th 17, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need advice - off topic

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 12:14:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
How can I transfer airline miles from American Express to United's Mileage Plus
or Lufthansa's Miles and More programs ?
American Express will not do it directly - but I read somewhere that one can
transfer to some other (hotel?) program and then into Mileage Plus or Miles and
More - I will appreciate any advice - thanks in advance -
rhwoody at earthlink.net

After half of the afternoon on a CHAT with someone working for Amex - in India -
I found out the Optima American Express card I have had since 1969 the points/
miles cannot be used for flight rewards - but by getting a different Amex card
the points/miles will be automatically transferred to the new card and that card's miles can be used on aircraft rewards and can be transferred to a list of airlines which includes Delta - thanks for the help - much appreciated