Old October 11th 04, 06:59 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Aaron Coolidge wrote:

Jim Burns wrote:
: What do you use on your plane's exterior as a general purpose spray
: cleaner/degreaser for quick and easy cleaning of greasy finger prints and
: oil drips, drops, and spots? I don't want to use anything that will hurt
: the paint, aluminum, or rubber.

I have been using "wash all wax all" to clean fingerprints, black acid
rain stains, exhaust stains, etc. for a long time. It seems to work well.
I just got a bottle of the "flight jacket" cleaner but I haven't tried it
out; it is supposed to work very well.
On tough stains I use 100LL.

For degreasing, I use a solution of CarbonX and water, in a spray
bottle. Unlike Simple Green or 409. it is Ph neutral and will not attack
aluminum. My AI put me onto this stuff.

I also sometimes use a little bit of mineral spirits on a paper towel to
wipe away ioly spots.