Old March 14th 05, 02:24 AM
randy

I did the same today, the obstacles didn't even show on the map when
cruising at 6500, I was thinking there was something wrong, when I decended
the obstacles started showing up, is this the way it's supposed to work???
I would like to see the obstacles show all the time. Any ideas???

I did the same. Works great. This morning I flew for about three
hours and if I was flying way above the obstructions, the warning
would not come up, but when I was within perhaps 1000 ft vertical and
1 mile horizontal, I'd get the warning. Since this is a new feature,
and not documented in the manual, I don't know what the real limits
are. Anyway, it is definitely worth the $35 upgrade.