Old September 16th 03, 08:26 PM
TJ

How about the Electric Lightning F.6? ("Pioneered supercruise!" ...
sure; "better than an F-15" uh-huh, bear in mind F.6 did not have a
gun--just two short range and very ineffective missiles.

The English Electric Lightning F.6 carried two 30mm Aden in a belly pack.

Lastly, who can forget the beautiful Blackburn Buccaneer? ("Faster than
an F-16 or F-15 with a full load of armament..." OK... ****'s getting
deep.)
I'm not trying be belittle the Brits, but this aircraft is still in
front line service (Although I'm sure that point will be disputed).

If I read you correctly, just a small point. The Buccaneer was retired from
RAF service in 1994. The Buccaneer still flies today on the private scene in
South Africa.

TJ