View Single Post
Old September 19th 18, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

Default Marfa Gliders is NOT closing!

Burt here. I'm NOT retiring, I just downsizing my fleet, selling a hangar, offering my collection of vintage music instruments for sale, specifically:

My beautifully restored 1946 Piper J-3 Cub (low-time C-85 HP.) Grove brakes, new spars, new prop, etc.

Schempp-Hirth Standard Cirrus, low time, factory wing mod, airbrake mod. Nice Eberle trailer.

Schweizer 1-36, last of the Schweizer sailplane production. Great club ship for badges and XC.

1959 Cessna 150, production number 100, restored to original factory paint scheme.

All of my aircraft are relatively "low time”, well-maintained and have been hangared in the dry climate of Marfa, Texas, since 2003.

My 60'x 60' Mueller Steel hangar (tallest of my three hangars) is for sale on Marfa Airport (MRF.) Built in 2007. Schweiss electric Bi-Fold door, very tall ceiling. Alarm system. Roll-up garage door in back corner. Concrete floor and large ramp. Water spigot in front. Easy access to taxiways..

Please do not ask for prices on this newsgroup. Please request photos and details by private E-MAIL to burtcompton (at) a0l (dot) com

Tire-kickers welcome at my "Oktoberfest" Vintage & Classic Sailplane Camp October 12-28, 2018 at Marfa in southwest Texas.

El Paso is the nearest airline access to Marfa, near the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park.
Airport elevation about 5,000' MSL. No oil or cactus here, just a huge aquifer of water underground, where "The Sun Ship Game" soaring movie was filmed at the 1969 US National Contest.

And . . .Vintage music instruments for sale. Rickenbacker, Vox, Fender, Ludwig . . . if you recognize those brands . . .

Just downsizing, NOT retiring!
Still offering FREE FAA checkrides for all glider ratings including INITIAL CFI-G.
Come visit.