Old May 23rd 17, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt S

Default US: International Squad Ranking List for 2016 with Benalla WGCIncluded now Online

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 12:09:34 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
It's called a hashtag used in Twitter accounts (I don't have Twitter or Facebook......), all the "cool kids" have them.....

It's too bad we don't have an accepted common hashtag for the soaring community. It's a great way to post updates, photos, and questions related to a certain subject. It also builds community and encourages participation. For example, #bikedc is used by bicycle commuters in Washington DC to post road hazards, weather conditions, meet-up events, or just fun things like photos. It's also a good way to raise awareness and increase outreach - especially among young people.

By the way...there are some great soaring profiles on Instagram (mostly from our European friends).