Old October 31st 03, 08:51 PM
Ben Jackson

In article , Roy Smith wrote:
Had a strange thing happen to me today. I filed IFR HPN - HFD (White
Plains NY to Hartford CT). The route part of my clearance came back
"radar vectors Carmel[VOR], V1, Hartford[VOR], Direct".

Aim 5-2-3(d)

ATC procedures now require the controller to state the DP name, the
current number and the DP transition name after the phrase "Cleared to
(destination) airport" and prior to the phrase, "then as filed," for ALL
departure clearances when the DP or DP transition is to be flown. The
procedures apply whether or not the DP is filed in the flight plan.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/