Old October 29th 05, 03:12 PM
A Lieberman

Default Out of annual....

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:16:34 GMT, Mike Spera wrote:

A Lieberman wrote:
and back in the saddle, but not without a little excitement *smile*.

30 hours later, $1,700 less in my wallet and new wheel bearings to show for
it, I decided to take a short hop from KMBO (Madison, MS) to KJAN (Jackson
MS) which was a whole 9 NM to pick up a passenger who was coming in on a
commercial flight.

So, was the dangling wire and loose nut how the shop left the plane
after its annual?

Mike,

MY GUESS is that the plug wire was not tightened and fell out in flight.

Reason I say this, is the mag check passed on my outbound flight to JAN. I
would have never had launched out of MBO for as rough as the MAG check was
at MBO.

It was at JAN, on my second runup where this was discovered.

I have NEVER had a problem with the shop where I am having my plane
maintained.

Human nature does prevail, but Murphy lives too! Fortunately, Murphy was
defied on the ground thanks to this safety check.

Allen