Old October 29th 05, 04:40 PM

Default Out of annual....

: After that - I never fly in IMC for my first XC out of maintenance.

... and then there's this friend of mine. He (with the assistance of a very
competent, capable mechanic) re-timed the mags on his Cherokee 6 at an airport about
50 miles away from "home". This was after a much less-than-competent mechanic
mis-timed them due to the impulse couplings.

After timing, and running up, he took off IFR in 0/0 so bad that the mechanic
had a hard time *driving his car* home! There's a distinct "clanging" sound you hear
as he walks by...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *