Old June 10th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

Default Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 9, 10:48*pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18*pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

Both these explanations are true, but one of them eliminates the need
for $30 product (or $30,000 aircraft) to know what is going on.

I find that its pretty difficult to teach students to fly without the
aircraft.

That brings us full-circle to a theme that was mildly explored in
another post - what utility, if any, is there in using a simulator to
learn things that do not require actual flying.

So here the question would be whether it is possible to understand how
a trim tab works without ever having flown an aircraft.

I have flown in DA-20 and Tomahawk, but I do not think actual flight
would have been necessary to understand how trim tab works.

-Le Chaud Lapin-