Old July 9th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default How well polished does a glider need to be?

On Jul 9, 4:26*am, Dan G wrote:
I'm crewing this season, and no doubt my pilot will be expecting me
out at 7am with Mer in hand.

My advice is wipe off any water spots from dumping as soon after
landing as possible if flying in a hard water area, then knock off any
bugs on the leading edges, then have a few beers and sleep in late in
the morning. Final wing cleaning, at least in the dusty SW USU,
should be done on the grid shortly before takeoff. We all know if
make no difference to contest scores, it's just occupational therapy,
and best done by the pilot anyway.

Andy