Old December 21st 17, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cramping and Stiffness

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 3:18:57 PM UTC-8, Dan Reagan wrote:
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 9:32:57 AM UTC-5, Robert Seccombe wrote:
raxy recently commented, "I once developed cramp in flight. It was extremely painful since I could not move in a way to relieve it."

I have been planning on asking what methods are used to avoid and deal with stiffness and cramping while flying in such close quarters.

It used to be all I had to do was get up and walk to the back for a short time; now looking forward to doing some cross country soaring with a bit of a hip problem it's a concern.

After 5 or 6 hours I often develop cramps in my legs. I take a couple of these pills and the cramps stop for the next couple of hours. The pills are "Hyland's Leg Cramps". They can be found at Walmart, Walgreens, etc., etc. They are usually in the supplement section.

They do seem to work.

Dan Reagan