Old October 15th 18, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ouroboros

Default ASW-19 Maximum Weight

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 4:18:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 3:52:19 PM UTC-6, Paul Agnew wrote:
Has the glider had any repairs that upped the empty weight? My ASW19 can take up to 258# pilot and chute, with 10#s of weight in the tail.

The ASW19 is convertible to the 19B with some mods; brake moved to spoiler handle, friction trim, and Tost release support bolts, if my memory serves correctly.

Paul A.
Jupiter, Fl

The glider did have a gear up landing some time ago. It was also refinished at some point. The new empty weight is 609 pounds.

I'm still not understanding where this 805 number is coming from. Like UH, we initially thought the limit was because of the limit for non lifting parts, but neither of the two weight and balance documents we saw for the aircraft list what the non lifting parts actually weigh. Is it possible to somehow combine the max gross limit and non lifting part limit to come up with 805 pounds? I don't see how it is.

The type certificate data sheet also makes no mention of max weight of non lifting parts. I'm very confused.

Here is a direct link to the type certificate data sheet:
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/3befadc9f249ca8d8625748e0055f922/$FILE/G36eu.PDF

Oops. Wrong account. That last post was me.