Old August 10th 03, 11:51 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

It's not free supply and demand when the supply is artificially
restricted. Thus the concept of "market rent" doesn't make sense.
In the true supply and demand scenario, increased demand would
increase supply. That isn't possible (a fact you recognize below).

What would you do with real estate in general? Supply is artificially
restricted because there are parks and other open space. There are
undoubtedly people who say the the price of housing is too high because
the
supply of land is artificially restricted by airports.

well, if we want to be ridiculous, we could claim that all land use
is restricted because the earth is limited in size...

What percentage of buildable land (for homes) is held in parks and
open space?

What percentage of buildable land (for hangars) is held hostage
by airport "managers" or by anti-airport NIMBY goons?

--
Bob Noel