Old November 25th 03, 02:36 PM
Richard Pfiffner

I am a refinishing my ventus B wings. I have 150 hours into the project at
this time. I have removed the gel coat, Surfaced with Epoxy and Glass
Beads, surfaced with vinyl ester primer, and am ready to apply acrylic
urethane. I still have to surface the control surfaces and flaps and finish
paint them. I estimate the total time will be approximatley 200 to 250
hours.

Richard

"Ventus B" wrote in message
om...
All,
I have been looking into having my glider refinished. Casual
conversations with other pilots revealed that most think a "normal"
refinishing job would cost about $10k. After speaking with Gaines in
Georgia, I believe that is wildly optimistic. Gaines charges $60 per
hour, and he says the wings alone take 300+ hours if they are done
correctly; 500+ hours to do the entire glider! That's more than my
purchase price!
Does anyone know where I might get my glider refinished (properly) in
the US? I'm beginning to think that shipping it overseas may still be
a cheaper option despite the poor exchange rates now.