Old May 23rd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying through Canadian airspace

In article ,
Morgans wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote

That's true, and that's good for VFR traffic. But I've seen airliners at
higher altitudes, presumably on an IFR clearance, doing a lap or two above
the falls at a much higher altitude.

Wow, and double WoW! Never before, have I heard of an airliner taking the
time to do some sightseeing!

I haven't seen them do laps, but very often departures out of
SFO (San Francisco) and OAK (Oakland) fly the Bay Tour before proceeding
on course. They fly over the bay and out the gate at around 3000ft.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/