Old July 19th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Kekke

Default FSX Crashing /freezing !

Howdy guys'n girls. I have a problem here
My FSX Freezes randomly, sometimes in seconds after the graphics start
rolling...
Sometimes i can enjoy flying 1 hour or so...but it eventually
freezes/crashes
After the crash i have to alt tab to windows and kill the process from
taskmanager.

after that i cant start fsx anymore before reboot, if i do so, it will
try to start, after it has allocated 50megs off ram, the process stops
using any cpu resources and hangs there.

I have clean installed xp with all updates / Sp2 / DirectX / newest
forceware
FSX is clean installed and updated to sp1 + c++ redist sp1

Note that the exactly same freeze/crash happens also when i tried this
with clean installed 64bit xp. with all the updates and ....yada yada....

I have tried to run the game in different scenery settings, with and
without AA, i have tried every combination that i can figure. also tried
it in windowed mode...
have run dxdiag, everything passes, all ok according to that.
Have tried to lower my direct sound accel.....no use.
I dont have any heat issues what so ever with my comp. i have 500w
purepower feeding the juice...
No overclocking done what so ever.

I have installed other games like Oblivion, Wow, HL2, BF2 and played
these for hours with extreme settings they work well and fast, no
crashing, not a single one.

my comp is as follows......----------

Processor
Model: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @
2.40GHz
Speed: 2.40GHz
Performance Rating: PR8160 (estimated)
Cores per Processor: 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Co 1 Unit(s)
Type: Dual-Core
Internal Data Cache: 2x 32kB Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way set,
64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache: 4MB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 16-way set, 64 byte
line size, 2 threads sharing
L3 On-board Cache: 2x 4MB Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way set,
64 byte line size

Mainboard
Bus(es): PCI PCIe USB
MP Support: 1 Processor(s)
MP APIC: No
System BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 255.255
System: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3P
Mainboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3P
Total Memory: 2.7GB

Chipset 1
Model: Giga-Byte Technology P35 (29C0)
Front Side Bus Speed: 4x 267MHz (1068MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel: Plug and Play Monitor
Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2

Physical Storage Devices
Removable Drive: Floppy disk drive
Hard Disk: ST3320620AS (298GB)
Hard Disk: DELL Array SCSI Disk Device (466GB)
Hard Disk: DELL Array SCSI Disk Device (466GB)
Hard Disk: BUFFALO USB Flash Disk USB Device
CD-ROM/DVD: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S (CD 126X Rd, 126X
Wr) (DVD 16X Rd, 16X Wr)

SB X-Fi Audio [C000]
General Information
Device Name: SB X-Fi Audio [C000]
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Version: 5.10
Product ID: 101 / 1

Operating System(s)
Windows System: Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Professional
5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

System
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model: P35-DS3P
ID: 00000000-00000000-1A000000-4FF4454D

System Chassis
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Type: Desktop
Can be locked: No

Mainboard
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
MP Support: 1 Processor(s)
MPS Version: 1.40
Model: P35-DS3P
System BIOS: 05/11/2007-P35-ICH9-6A79OG0HC-00

Primary Display Driver (display)
Video Adapter
Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2
Chipset: GeForce 7950 GX2
RAMDAC: Integrated RAMDAC
Video BIOS: Version 5.71.22.24.08
VGA Compatible: No
Total Memory: 512MB (505MB Video)
Texture Memory: 689MB

Video BIOS
Date of Manufactu 14. huhtikuuta 2006
Version: 5.71.22.24.07

Current Video Mode
Mode: 1920x1200 16M+ TrueColour (32-bit)
Current Refresh Rate: 60Hz
Virtual Desktop Size: 1920x1200

Video Driver
Model: nv4_mini.sys
Version: 6.14.10.9424
Expected Windows Version: 4.00
Video Acceleration: Yes
Screen Saver Active: No
Low Power Saving Active: 20 minutes(s)
Power Off Saving Active: 20 minutes(s)

PnP/DDC Monitor Data
Manufacturer: Samsung
Serial Number: xxxxxxx
Date of Manufactu 26. helmikuuta 2006
Type: RGB colour
CRT/Panel Size: 24 inch
Horizontal/Vertical CRT/Panel :520 mm / 320 mm
Gamma Factor: 2.60
DPMS Modes Supported: Off
EDID Version: 1.03

If Any of you know how to solve this, i'm more than gratefull.
As said, other programs / games work fast and flawlessly.
Any suggestions are welcome too, i have fought so long with this that i
may miss something obvious.

Thx alot in advance.

Kekke
Finland