Old May 27th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roy Smith

Default Why publish a plate for an OTS approach?

In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

I'm just reading IFR Refresher, and it has a report on an accident that
happened after a King Air was cleared for an SDF approach at KSME.
According to the article, at the time the A/FD and NTAP listed the SDF as
"Out of Service (OTS) - Indefinitely", and had been for four years, but
the plate was still being published with no mention that the SDF was OTS.
Why the hell would they continue to publish an approach plate in a
situation like that?

There's probably less paperwork and red tape involved to just notam
something OTS than to get it revoked. "We don't have to make sense, we're
the FAA".