Old February 12th 21, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tales Of The Bloody Triangle

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 5:21:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Bob,
Boy am I glad I've figured out how to post on here. I sure do appreciate the wisdom you've passed on, even in my green state in soaring. Hopefully this comes through correctly. I'm looking forward to more tows and hopefully a paired flight on an out and back to get my feet wet. I'll be rereading your article from the wave flight in Florida on my way LAX-ATL to stay awake tonight. See ya buddy.

Jason, will not be long until the 40 year mark arrives from the date of that memorable flight. I can still vividly recall the beautiful sight being distant from the Florida coastline and looking down at the island of Bimini. I wish that everyone could have a flight like that, it is logged in the memory bank and will never be forgotten. Recalling some of the flights that we had out of Miami makes me appreciate the friends and acquaintances through decades of enjoyment. We were nothing but a bunch of renegades, that flew almost every day, hung our love of glider flight over the Everglades only to come home most of the time to laugh and get ready to go again the next day. One day I will bring our scrapbook out for you to scroll through and laugh, most of us were 50 pounds lighter except for Eileen and Scott, and possibly Burt, they seem to be the same. The good part about this group is that we all still to this day stay in contact and all still fly gliders, not bad after all these years .
Enjoy the LAX-ATL flight, welcome to the sport, I hope you enjoy it as much as Eileen and I have. Remember, the triangle is the most difficult. Bob